Cooper Smith Agency is hiring!
Public Relations Coordinator (Posted September 13, 2016)
Dallas-based Cooper Smith Agency, a public relations, product placements and social media firm, has an immediate opening for a Public Relations Coordinator.
The position will assist our account team in managing the day-to-day activities of our growing roster of clients within the commercial real estate/development, AEC/construction, architecture/design, building products and healthcare industries.
- Assist in drafting press releases, blogs and other client written materials
- Manage client social media accounts and company websites to position clientele as content leaders in their respective areas and expertise
- Build and maintain media lists and relationships with media contacts
- Research editorial opportunities, industry conferences, events and award opportunities for clients
- Develop email campaigns for client events and announcements
- Monitor and track print and online coverage
- Various other supporting PR activities, as well as some administrative duties
This is a full-time position for individuals with 6 months to a year of PR agency experience.
The right candidate will be a self-starter with strong writing and organizational skills, a working knowledge of AP Style, adherence to timeliness/deadlines and amazing attention to detail. Excellent communication skills and a strong interest in public relations and social media are essential to succeed in this position. Good attitude and ability to work well with others are also expected.
Are you a good fit? If so, we’d love to meet you!
To be considered, please send your resume AND a press release you’ve written about us hiring you to email@example.com. (Submissions not including both will not be considered.) Other examples of work are welcomed, but not required. During the interview process, all candidates will be asked to complete a writing test.
No calls please.